Insta-Pro International is a global leader in the manufacture of extrusion and pressing equipment for processing oilseeds, grains, pet food and fish feed. Our entrepreneurial spirit and focus on growth offer an exciting work environment where our employees contribute directly to the success of our company.
The Service/R&D Technician position will be located at our Grimes, Iowa Headquarters. The right candidate is able to travel both domestically and internationally and has strong customer service and mechanical skills.
- Perform start-up and service calls to extruder plants ensuring the equipment is operating properly
- Inspect installation of production line including electrical connections, transitions, layout, etc.
- Train/re-train customer operators on correct procedures when operating/maintaining equipment
- Provide customer support by resolving owner/operator questions by phone and email
- Maintain customer relationships by following up regularly with customers to ensure equipment is operating at optimum performance
- Advises visitors and extruder prospects on Insta-Pro equipment in conjunction with sales team
- Prepares activity and trip reports once start-up/service call is complete
- Operate and maintain R&D equipment to ensure proper working order
- Maintain and organize R&D area
- Keep detailed inventory of all ingredients housed in R&D and perform inventory adjustments as needed
- Work with Technical Services Manager to set up parameters, perform record keeping and documentation of all R&D runs
- Demonstrate extrusion technology for visitors and prospective clients
- Perform extrusion to produce nutritional products for animal feeding trials
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude, including the use of power tools required
- Extrusion operation experience preferred
- Experience with Lock-Out Tag-Out and other safety regulations preferred
- English language is a must; Second language is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the USA and have a valid passport
- Willing to travel 25-35% of the time, both domestically and internationally
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Insta-Pro provides a competitive salary package and bonus program as well as a strong benefits package with an excellent 401K program, health, dental, vision, life and disability coverage.
Please forward your Resume in confidence to
2100 SE Gateway Dr, Ste 500
Grimes, IA 50111